Wednesday 19 March 2014

New Coke - Duct Tape Your Mouth EP

Loved their first single, and now we have the new one courtesy of the mighty Slovenly Records/Black Gladiator. I played 'I am drunk, I have a gun, I want names' in last weeks show but it turns out there is a promo vid so here it is

They're from the Garage R'n'B end of things BUT there's way more intricacy than normal. I'd swear there were two guitarists but there's only the one guy! The bass also careens all over the place. Gives them an 'expanded' sort of sound...punch & jangle...but also claustrophobic. Lyrics are very clever, but deeply disturbed, deviant, stressed and hateful!
I managed to find this footage of a fave of mine - so you can see that they can do this shit live

So go get

Update - found some gigs in Boston-
and York, PA
or just go say 'Hi' on FB
 https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Coke/187258174646653

No comments:

Post a Comment