Sunday 27 April 2014

Bowl Magazine

I first became aware of this wonderful site via a recommendation to hear this album (and I pass on that recommendation - I sat transfixed as I listened to a poet who has worked out just exactly how his words, his voice, and most importantly his spaces and pause, can work with other musicians)
Well Garry Franks then told me about this magazine he publishes online BOWL (Beauty of Washing Lines).
It's full of fascinating, considered, playful, naughty, caring writing about the Arts, Thought...well just being human really.
I have been meaning to recommend it for ages but this post has now has been prompted because Rodney Wood - a chap I know - has magically appeared in the new issue!
http://bowlartsmagazine.tumblr.com/
Just as an example of their playfulness they published this wonderful poem by Appollonia Vitelli which has become a favourite of mine (it's a bit blue)
"“Don`t Piss In Men`s Mouths!
u no when u rlly reddy 2 cum + u no u r goin 2 xplode in hss mth butt frightennd ur goin 2 piss in his mth inted? I dd 1ce + he wssnt himpressed, butt I ill wnt du agn!”




1 comment:

  1. gary sent me a copy of a blues he'd done with Stephen and asked me for a poem
    HITTING THE GROUND WITH GARY FRANKS ON THE ST JAMES'S WAY

    walking through pain with love, death and faith
    the legs of a pilgrim searching walking through pain
    the legs of a pilgrim searching with love, death and faith

    life, smiles, light of the milky way to guide him to the lord
    a compostela, life, smiles, light of the milky way
    a compostela to guide him to the lord

    a scrap of a man, a beautiful downtrodden man
    a tear falls, no one hears a scrap of a man
    a tear falls, no one hears a beautiful downtrodden man

    ReplyDelete